Situated on a superb riverside campus of over 130 hectares, the University of Limerick, Irelands Sports Campus, is the proud home to UL Sport. From basic beginners to Olympic athletes, you will find them training side by side at the outstanding facility. Designed with athletes in mind, world-class sports facilities, high quality catering and Olympic village style accommodation are all in a close proximity which allows athletes at all levels to focus on reaching the pinnacle of their performance in a competitive and educational environment.
With a strong reputation in hosting national sporting events, as well as the elite of European and World sport, the University of Limerick is the ideal venue for all training, competition and sport event needs.
Indoor facilities at the UL Sport Arena include:
- 50m Olympic sized swimming pool
- 25m diving pool
- National Strength & Conditioning Centre
- Large sports hall with 4 basketball courts
- Fitness studio
- Steam room
- Squad rooms
- Shower & changing facilities
- Lockers facilities available
- Indoor 220m running track
An extensive range of outdoor facilities are also available:
- North Campus all weather pitches – 1 x full size 3G GAA pitch, 2 x FIFA approved 3G soccer pitches and 1 x World Rugby approved 3G rugby pitch, all floodlit
- Natural grass pitches – 10 acre pitch facility holds a number of different events every year on a top quality open playing surface
- Maguires Pitches – this state of the art facility consists of one natural grass playing area, a 3G synthetic surface for 2 x full size GAA pitches or 4 x full sized soccer pitches, 2 x hurling walls all floodlit,
- Athletics track
- Hockey pitch
- Tennis courts UL is well renowned as a premier venue to host national and international teams, including the Irish and Italian rugby teams in preparation for their 2019 Rugby World Cup campaign. Whether it is pre-season training or a large event such as the 2020 U19 Mens Lacrosse World Championships, the University of Limerick provides the ideal platform to work toward achieving the sporting success you have targeted.